Full course description
This is an independent, self-study course geared toward healthcare providers looking to certify in the Foot and Nail specialty. There is no instructor feedback nor participation. There is no clinical component.
Credentialing options include Certified Foot and Nail Care Nurse (CFCN) through the WOCNCB and Certified Foot Care Specialist (CFCS) exam through the American Foot Care Nurses Association. Clinical hours are the responsibility of the student.
This Foot and Nail course covers the topics below and after successful completion will provide the contact hours necessary for Foot Care certification. This course does not include the clinical hours required for certification nor assistance in arranging them.
- Introductory concepts
- A&P of skin and dermatologic terminology
- General pathologic conditions affecting lower extremities
- Differential assessment and management of lower extremity ulcers
- Wound healing assessment and management
- Anatomic considerations and common pathologic conditions affecting the foot and nail
- Pathologic conditions affecting skin, soft tissue, and nails
- Comprehensive assessment of patient who needs foot and nail care
- Role of the foot and nail care nurse, including professional practice issues
- Procedural demos and case study
Lecture Notes are provided in electronic .pdf format.
Clinical hours are not included as part of this course and are the sole responsibility of the candidate seeking certification.
For more information on foot care certification through the Wound, Ostomy, Continence Nursing Certification Board (WOCNCB), please visit their website at www.wocncb.org. For more information on foot care certification through the American Foot Care Nurses Association, please visit their website at www.afcna.org.
NOTE: This is a CE course only. As such, there is no instructor involvement nor participation. There is no clinical component.
- Accreditation Status: Emory Nursing Professional Development Center (ENPDC) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
- Financial Relationships: ENPDC has evaluated everyone who has the ability to control content of this activity (planning committee members, subject matter experts, presenters) and found that no relevant financial relationships exist.
- Awarding Contact Hours: To obtain contact hours participants must
- Review the entire activity
- Score 80% or higher on each learning exercise, case study, quiz, and exam
- Complete the evaluation at the end
- Certificates will be distributed at the end of the evaluation
- Enduring Materials Dates:
- Start Date: 01/03/23
- Expiration Date: 01/03/26
Need Help with Registration? Please contact us at email@example.com or 404-727-9208.