Full course description
Accredited by the Wound Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society since 1976, the WOC Nursing Education Program (WOCNEC) prepares the graduate nurse to provide specialty care for patients with acute and chronic wounds, standard and continent ostomy diversions, and fecal and urinary incontinence.
The traditional pathway is a blended education program, which is comprised of online clinical courses, onsite skills training (Bridge Week), a comprehensive final exam, clinical hours with an approved preceptor, and completion of the professional practice course. We offer three different options for completion of the program. You may choose to complete one, two, or all three courses of study (Wound, Ostomy, Continence). The Professional Practice course if a requirement for all applicants; unless previously completed through a WOCN accredited program.
· RN with a Baccalaureate Degree or higher.
· One year of RN clinical nursing experience following RN licensure.
· Current clinical nursing experience within 5 years prior to application submission to this program. Current clinical nursing experience is defined as: current, active practice; proof of completion of a nurse refresher course; or a clinical performance examination completed within the past 5 years.
· Application with all responses completed.
· Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) (uploaded with application).
· Marriage License or proof of name change if differs on transcript (uploaded with application).
· Official baccalaureate and nursing education transcripts that must originate from the college or university (mailed to WOCNEC).
· Note: If you are an ADN with a BS in another field, BOTH official transcripts are required.
· International students will need to have official transcripts translated by World Education Services at: http://www.wes.org
· Full payment for selected course(s) are due at the time of enrollment – Be mindful of this when selecting course(s) of study on the application
· Additional Courses can be added during the program
· Please check with our office if you are unsure if Professional Practice will be a required course for your program of study
For more information on our admission and application requirements, please visit our website at www.wocnec.org.
Need Help? Please contact us at email@example.com or 404-778-4067.
To complete the application to our Emory WOCNEC Traditional Pathway program, click on the $200 Enroll button.