Full course description
Accredited by the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses Society since 1976, the WOC Nursing Education Program prepares the graduate nurse to provide specialty care for patients with acute and chronic wounds. This program is geared towards the nurse who has at least 1,500 clinical hours in the Wound specialty, and is looking to obtain WOCNB certification following the experiential pathway. The experiential pathway allows RN's with direct patient clinical hours in a specialty to expedite the certification process.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be awarded the 50 contact hours necessary to apply for WOCNCB Continence certification via the Experiential Pathway.
- Anatomy and physiology of the skin
- Maintenance of healthy skin
- Pressure Injury incidence, prevalence, and prevention
- Specialty support surfaces
- Nutrition and systemic support
- Wound healing physiology
- Assessment and management of acute, chronic, and refractory wounds
- Topical therapy
- Advanced therapies
- Wounds caused by external factors
- Pressure injuries
- Skin tears
- Assessment, differentiation, and management of lower extremity wounds
- Assessment, differentiation, and management of other types of wounds
- Atypical ulcers
- Wounds caused by a primary disease process
- Foot and nail care
- Percutaneous tubes
Requirements for Course Completion
- Watch the Video Lessons (or listen to podcasts)
- Read the Lecture Notes
- Complete the Learning Exercises
- Pass the Support Surface and Dressing Selection Quizzes (unlimited attempts each quiz to score 80%)
- Pass Wound Exams 1 and 2 (two attempts each exam to score 80%)
- It should take approximately 50 hours to complete this course.
Emory Nursing Professional Development Center (ENPDC) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Attendees to this CNE activity will be awarded 50 contact hours by ENPDC. No conflict of interest has been found with the speaker for this CNE activity nor with the members of the planning committee.
Need Help with Registration? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-778-4067.