Full course description
Acknowledging the ever growing demand for wound care services in all health care settings, the Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nurses (WOCN) Society developed the Wound Treatment Associate (WTA) Program to:
- Educate and prepare more skilled wound care providers across settings, including the military.
- Enhance nurses’ ability to provide optimal care for patients with acute and chronic wounds as members of a collaborative wound care team.
- Provide the non-specialty nurse the ability to facilitate optimal care for patients with acute and chronic wounds under the direction of the WOC specialty nurse, WOC advanced practice registered nurse or physician.
The WTA Program consists of online learning modules, narrated by Dr. Phyllis Bonham, PhD, MSN, RN, CWOCN, DPNAP, FAAN, and Dorothy Doughty, MN, RN, CWOCN, FAAN followed by on-site competency training and testing.
Mandatory Applied Learning Day:
The WTA course must be completed in 12 weeks. Successful completion of the course requires attendance at an Applied Learning Day to demonstrate select clinical skills. Applied Learning Days are offered approximately one day per month at Emory University in Atlanta, GA. The dates are prescheduled. Alternatively, students can make arrangements with a WOCNCB certified wound care nurse in their area who has been approved by the WOCN Society to serve as a WTA Clinical Instructor. Please confirm your plans for the Applied Learning Day prior to enrollment. Contact Janet Ramundo at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- Licensed health care providers
- Non-baccalaureate RN’s
- Baccalaureate or Master’s prepared RN’s who do not wish to specialize but want adequate knowledge in wound care
- Physical Therapists and PTA's
- Physicians and other clinicians who want adequate knowledge in wound care
- Military medics (active duty), certified first responders and corpsmen
The WOCN Society is an accredited provider of CNEs through the ANCC. Any licensed nurse is eligible and will receive 32.25 contact hours upon successful completion of the Program.
The WTA program has been approved by Federation of State Board Physical Therapy (FSBPT): ProCert to award PTs and PTAs 21.0 Continuing Competence Units (CCUs).
All other participants will obtain a certificate upon successful completion of the Program.
Please confirm your plans for the Applied Learning Day prior to enrollment. After enrollment, allow 72 business hours for your enrollment to be processed. Once your enrollment has been processed, you will receive an email with directions on how to access the online content.
Need Help with Registration? Please contact us at email@example.com or 404-727-9208.