Experiential Pathway Course - Wound 2.2
Time limit: 90 days
Full course description
This is an independent, self-study course geared towards the graduate nurse with at least 1,500 clinical hours in the wound care specialty looking to obtain WOCNCB certification following the Experiential Pathway. There is no instructor feedback nor participation. The course is intended to serve as a review of established concepts and to demonstrate understanding of the concepts necessary for current, evidenced-based practice and certification.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be awarded the 50 contact hours necessary to apply for WOCNCB® Wound certification via the Experiential Pathway.
- Anatomy and physiology of the skin
- Maintenance of healthy skin
- Pressure Injury incidence, prevalence, and prevention
- Specialty support surfaces
- Nutrition and systemic support
- Wound healing physiology
- Assessment and management of acute, chronic, and refractory wounds
- Topical therapy
- Advanced therapies
- Wounds caused by external factors
- Pressure injuries
- Skin tears
- Assessment, differentiation, and management of lower extremity wounds
- Assessment, differentiation, and management of other types of wounds
- Atypical ulcers
- Wounds caused by a primary disease process
- Foot and nail care
- Percutaneous tubes
Lecture Notes are provided in electronic .pdf format.
NOTE: This is a CE course only. As such, there is no instructor involvement nor participation.
- Accreditation Status: Emory Nursing Professional Development Center (ENPDC) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
- Financial Relationships: ENPDC has evaluated everyone who has the ability to control content of this activity (planning committee members, subject matter experts, presenters) and found that no relevant financial relationships exist.
- Awarding Contact Hours: To obtain contact hours participants must
- Review the entire activity
- Score an 80% or higher on all case studies, quizzes, and exams
- Complete the evaluation at the end
- Certificates will be distributed at the end of the evaluation.
- Enduring Materials Dates:
- Start Date: 05/28/21
- Expiration Date: 05/28/24
Need Help with Registration? Please contact us at email@example.com or 404-778-4067.